I found a new way to use the Google Chrome browser without having to install or use a proxy.
The solution is called http://www.adsweep.org/
Since I use the developer preview channel, I installed adsweep as an extension/plugin.
Quick steps for Chrome-dev with adsweep extension:
- Switch chrome to dev channel with the Google Chrome Channel Changer (more info)
- Download AdSweep extension AdSweep.crx
- Install extension by running chrome from command-line with:
- chrome.exe –install-extension=AdSweep.crx
Chrome is installed by default in your application data profile: for Vista users:
- Enable extensions by adding:
to your Google Chrome Shortcut
- Verify that the extension/addon loaded correctly by navigating to chrome-ui://extensions/
Happy browsing, without Ads and proxy!
Check adsweep an adblock extension for chrome
other alternatives to my original solution:
I love the new Google Chrome Browser, especially theâ€¦:
- – really fast render speed,
- – new tab page
- – and the ability to create a new window from a tab that you drop outside chrome.
Naturally, I am missing all my nice add-ons from Firefox, mainly the adblock add-on!
So I found an alternative solution: using Privoxy. Privoxy is a small web proxy that runs locally and has the ability to filter ads.
- 1. Download & install http://www.privoxy.org/
- 2. And then set Google chromeâ€™s proxy options:
Options->Under the hood->change proxy settings->Lan Settings
Check: “Use a proxy server for your LAN”
And under advanced add proxy address 127.0.0.1 port 8118 for http and secure but leave ftp blank.
Now you can surf the web with Google Chrome and a lot less ads!
Here is the list of add-ons I use to make my Mozilla Thunderbird Mail client more usefull.
- Folder Account
Lets you associate user accounts and identities with specific folders.
- Remember Mismatched Domains
Adds a “Don’t warn me again about this certificate for this domain” checkbox to the Domain Mismatch and Expired Certificate warning windows.
Minimizes Thunderbird windows into the system tray.
gives the possibility to import and export in vCard and vcf format;
- Sync Kolab 1.0.1
SyncKolab reads a selected Imap folder and synchronizes it with the local address book and calendar
Integrates web site based email accounts in to Mozllia Thunderbird: Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail,…
Suddenly Mozilla Thunderbird started crashing on me. I found out that it was the webmail addon “Hotmail 1.2.15 (live)” which creates the problem. The solution is to upgrade to the newer version 1.2.17, but unfortunately this has to be done manually:
- 1) download the new version of the addon http://webmail.mozdev.org/installation.html (right-click save as).
- 2) start mozilla thunderbird in safemode.
- 3) drag & drop the downloaded extension into the addon manager.
- 4) restart Thunderbird.
There is a new CRM/ERP/BUSINESS web app in town and itâ€™s free (as in beer, for 5 users): Iceberg.
There are two versions a standalone and a server install to be deployed on (MS Sql Server 2005 express & ASP.NET (IIS 5 or 6), but since I have IIS7 and windows 2008 there was some pluming needed before everything worked.
Here is what I configured in IIS 7 to make it work:
- Set the Managed pipeline mode property of the application pool that is running iceberg to Classic
- Under Handler Mappings add a new Script Map
Request path: *.asmx
- For the SQL connection I uncommented the string provided in the web.config file but check that the SQL server is running in SQL mixed authentication mode.
- If there are still problems use the Event Viewer to look at the detailed error log.
While testing seaside when loading the pages locally in firefox I had a long delay. After some digging,
it turns out that the slowness is caused by an IPv6 issue with DNS and can easily be resolved by turning IPv6 support off in Firefox while doing localhost testing. To make the change, type about:config in the address bar, locate the network.dns.disableIPv6 setting and double-click on it to set it to true. This does the trick for the Firefox localhost issue on Vista and everything is running fast again.
as it turns out other people had the same issues but not in relation with seaside, therefore I found it in google only after having discovered the solution by myself.
I am hopping that blogging it under seaside/squeak will help someone save some time.
The loading will get to the point where you click to continue [Mission Splash screen] once you click, the screen goes blank and you hear what sounds like an explosion then nothing. Only a black screen.
I found a solution in the relic forums
Fix for this issue:
Go to this folder:
My documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\Savegames\RelicCOH\Campaigns\cxp2\
Find the file
“oosterbeek_crossing – counterattack.cohsav”
Move this file out of the folder and onto your desktop or delete it.
Run the game, hit continue campaign.
NOTE: This worked for me
J’ai mis en ligne des vidÃ©os, ainsi qu’une description d’un projet de dashboard que j’avais crÃ©e pour le cours de “SystÃ¨me d’Infromation et d’Aide Ã la DÃ©cision”.
A consulter sur mon wiki HEC
Advanced Topics in Programming Languages: Java Puzzlers, Episode VI – Google Tech Talks July 23, 2007
Many other interesting talks at: Google Video Tech Talks