Google Chrome ADBlock without proxy
I found a new way to use the Google Chrome browser without having to install or use a proxy.
The solution is called http://www.adsweep.org/
Since I use the developer preview channel, I installed adsweep as an extension/plugin.
Quick steps for Chrome-dev with adsweep extension:
- Switch chrome to dev channel with the Google Chrome Channel Changer (more info)
- Download AdSweep extension AdSweep.crx
- Install extension by running chrome from command-line with:
- chrome.exe –install-extension=AdSweep.crx
Chrome is installed by default in your application data profile: for Vista users:
- Enable extensions by adding:
to your Google Chrome Shortcut
- Verify that the extension/addon loaded correctly by navigating to chrome-ui://extensions/
Happy browsing, without Ads and proxy!